Position: Part-Time Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Dogwood Alliance advances environmental justice and climate action by mobilizing diverse voices to protect Southern forests and communities from industrial logging.
We are seeking to hire a part-time Social Media Marketing Coordinator. This is a remote-based, 25 hour/week Advancement Department position. This position is non-exempt. Starting wage is $18-$22/hour dependent on experience.
- Manage social networks
- Use best practices to identify potential social media influencer relationships
- Develop and implement social media strategy for programs and organizational marketing
- Teamwork and cooperation
Planning and Strategy – 20%
- Coordinate and take the lead on social network campaigns, which includes crafting effective social media messaging and creating social media toolkits for partners and influencers
- Participate in organization’s short term planning and strategy
- Participate in monthly Editorial Calendar Meeting planning sessions
- Contribute to the planning of programmatic initiatives
- Maintain a consistent level of growth and engagement on all social media platforms
- Research and evaluate current trends and best practices for social networks
Marketing and Communications – 60%
- Manage social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube – including but not limited to scheduling and interacting on posts, creating and managing Facebook events, building and fostering an active and engaged online Dogwood community
- Magnify Dogwood Alliance’s presence in forest protection and climate policy discourse through participation in the organization’s communications, marketing, and fundraising
- Keep abreast of and maintain best practices in community engagement
- Work with the Communications Director and the Marketing Director to develop and execute a comprehensive online communications strategy
- Ensure all communication platforms reflect current activity and that all communications are targeted strategically to advance stakeholder engagement in and support of the organization
- Assist with online social advertising
- Promote and attend/document events, taking photos and video, while live tweeting, social sharing, and interviewing attendees or train others who will be at the event
- Maintain knowledge of current social events in order to participate in collective online conversations
- Attend regular trainings that increase knowledge of strategic online communication development
Systems Management – 15%
- Manage AirTable social media editorial calendar
- Assist with collection of analytical data and metrics for social networks
- Work with Marketing Director to maintain brand integrity
- Work with the Digital Organizer to coordinate messaging
- Evaluate the newest tools for social networks, web, and other creative for potential integration
- Manage social media scheduling calendar and monitor posts in organizational monitoring platform
Culture of Philanthropy 5%
As part of the Culture of Philanthropy, this position must:
- Work with the Advancement Outreach & Recruitment Manager to monitor and engage Influencers
- Fulfill social media commitments to business sponsors
- Online event promotion
- Create fundraising messaging during fundraising campaigns
- Collaborate on social media fundraising advertising
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have the following demonstrated skills and experience:
- 2+ years of social media content creation and posting experience (managing post content and scheduling, etc.)
- Experience creating toolkits and other resources for members, followers, etc.
- A deep familiarity of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at a minimum
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to break down complicated concepts into catchy and accessible social media materials
- Ability to monitor multiple online platforms and campaigns simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a team and deliver on deadlines
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, environmental and justice issues, with previous social media work in these areas strongly preferred
- Experience with campaign work and photography is a plus
- Photography, video editing, and/or graphic design skills are a plus OR Proficiency in Canva or basic graphic editing software
- Ability to analyze and understand social media metrics to improve post performance
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is a part-time, remote based, non-exempt position. Interested candidates should have prior experience in a remote work environment. Position open until filled. Expected hire date in mid January.
- Partial reimbursement for cell phone and internet expenses, dependent on work hours.
- Employee Assistance Program
We value and respect all types of diversity and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally marginalized groups to apply. We prohibit discrimination and harassment and provide equal employment opportunity without regard to, and not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, national origin, abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or genetic information. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting those from minority and disadvantaged groups. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. As a team, we have taken on a commitment to examining our unconscious biases and working towards an equitable, peaceful and just world.
To apply, fill in our Contact Information Form, then send a cover email to [email protected] with the subject Social Media Marketing Coordinator, and attach a document with your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Dogwood Alliance?
- What is your understanding of the position?
- What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this position?
Position open until filled. No other attachments please.