Now Hiring: Part-Time Data Contractor
Dogwood Alliance seeks to hire an independent Data Contractor to support the Advancement department. The initial contract is for six months of remote-based, part-time coverage, averaging 5-10 hours a week. The position is renewable every 6 months. Pay dependent on experience, $18-25/hour.
The position is responsible for accurately maintaining and assisting in the day-to-day management of Dogwood Alliance’s EveryAction database and will report to the Advancement Director. This is an ideal opportunity for a mission-driven data practitioner who wants to be part of the forest protection and environmental justice movement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create lists, reports, and segmentation
- Assist with automation of triggered emails and email series
- Merge duplicate (dedupe) contact data on a weekly basis, at minimum
- Work with staff to upload new contact information from events and personal contacts into the database
- Assist with annual data purges when required
- Maintain data integrity, such as removing bad phone numbers and emails, as well as create bulk applies, add/archive engagement types, activist codes, campaigns, and source codes
- Work with the Digital Organizer and Development Director to troubleshoot issues regarding campaign actions (including targeted petitions), pages, and fundraising appeals
- Scrub and match acquired lists back to EveryAction as needed
- Monitor use of the systems to ensure compliance with Dogwood Alliance data practices
- Provide support and training for staff on EveryAction and best practices for using data effectively
- Other tasks and projects to ensure data integrity
Candidate Requirements: You are a great candidate for this position if you have/are:
- 2+ years of experience with EveryAction preferred; 2+ years equivalent experience in other web-based databases will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry
- Advanced skills using Excel/Google Sheets, Google Drive, and WordPress
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially technical ideas to non-technical people
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with (perhaps even excited by) rapid change
- Curious about how things work and enjoy working with nerds
The Advancement Department is the central hub for Dogwood Alliance’s marketing, communications, and fundraising efforts. We maximize the organization’s impact by using data, analytics, and reporting to drive decision-making. We provide strategic advice for planning and execution of campaign actions, fundraising appeals, and other efforts in order to put Dogwood Alliance in the best position possible to protect forests and communities in the Southern US.
Dogwood Alliance advances environmental justice and climate action by mobilizing diverse voices to protect Southern forests and communities from industrial logging. For 25 years, Dogwood Alliance has worked with diverse communities, partner organizations, and decision-makers to protect Southern forests across 14 states. We do this through community and grassroots organizing, holding corporations and governments accountable, and working to conserve millions of acres of Southern forests. Learn more at DogwoodAlliance.org and follow us on social media @Dogwood Alliance.
Dogwood Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This opportunity is open only to candidates who can work as Independent Contractors
- We verify information provided in the application process
Applicants should apply by sending their resume, 3 references, and a few words about why they are excited about this opportunity in their cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should include “Data Contractor”.
Position open until filled.